- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1888 Saratoga Springs New York Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1888 Saratoga Wall Map of New York Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This birds-eye perspective produced by one of the most prolific cartographers of the late nineteenth century, Lucien Burleigh, captures this archetypical upstate New York town in a period of significant growth and transformation. First settled by Europeans and Americans in 1776, the iconic natural springs have attracted tourists to the region for centuries. Numerous grand hotels were built in the city and attracted tourists to their European-style spas that were fueled by the natural spring water. By 1870 Saratoga Springs had become the leading luxury destination and also attracted spectators eager to attend the Saratoga Race Course. The horse track remains a popular destination for the entire region.
Birdseye perspectives were widely popular during the nineteenth century. They served to market towns and cities across America and featured prominent civic buildings, religious, educational, and cultural institutions, as well as geographic attractions to entice residents and merchants alike. The Grand Union Hotel was first constructed as a boarding house, though by the late nineteenth century had grown to become the largest hotel in the world at the time. The completion of the Empire State Expressway in 1870 by the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company spurred further expansion and attracted wealthy New Yorkers who could now travel directly to the city.
Burleigh’s unique style and distinctive aesthetic immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history depicting one of America’s most popular destinations.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.