- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1889 Victoria Canada Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1889 Victoria BC Map of Canada. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published during a significant period of growth, development, and transformation during the late nineteenth century, this stunning depiction of Victoria is an authentic piece of cartographical history. This birds-eye perspective's unique aesthetic and distinctive style is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. As the capital of British Columbia, Victoria is one of the most iconic cities in Western Canada and has come to be known as the Garden City and for its rugged shoreline and beaches.
Birdseye perspectives were among the most popular illustration styles during the nineteenth century and were used to attract residents and merchants alike, featuring notable civic and geographic features. These depictions were displayed locally as well as distributed throughout train stations to help spur immigration and promote local industries. The Port of Victoria was thriving during the 1880s, though the completion of the Canadian Pacific Railroad in 1886 allowed Vancouver to become the economic center of Western Canada.
Victoria is known for its Edwardian architecture and was incorporated in 1862 when the Fraser Canyon Gold Rush caused a massive influx of speculators from across America looking to strike a claim in the verdant foothills surrounding the Canadian Rockies. The population expanded from three hundred to over five thousand in a matter of days. Prospectors found eager merchants establishing outfitting general stores to prepare them for the harsh terrain and long, cold winters characteristic of the remote location of the goldfields.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.