- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1889 Denver City Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1889 Denver Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced and published by prominent American lithographer, illustrator, and cartographer Henry Well this stunning bird's eye perspective of Denver shows the period following a great boom of population and development spurred on by vast discoveries of gold and other minerals in the Rocky Mountains. Perhaps one of the most iconic cities of the American West, Denver, was founded as a gold mining town in 1858 and was little more than prospects tents and a sparse group of merchants supplying them. By 1889 the city had grown and provided the surrounding region with a rail line connecting Cheyenne to Western Kansas that allowed the city to flourish as a trading hub.
Denver was a diverse city in the late nineteenth century with immigrants from Germany, Ireland, China, the American South and East flocking to the city to establish neighborhoods and businesses. The city was experiencing a period of prosperity with the establishment of Opera Houses and other lavish buildings showcasing the city's transformation from a rough mining town. Bird's eye perspectives were produced to highlight notable places, buildings, or other points of civic pride. These depictions were used to market cities to prospective merchants or business owners and to attract new residents.
Wellge's works were among the most popular illustrations during the late nineteenth century into the 1920s and were noted for their attention to detail and accuracy, though not produced to scale. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that shows Denver in its race to the turn of the century.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.