- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1890 Italy Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1890 Map of Italy. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published by the iconic Charles Scribners Sons, a New York-based firm that was founded in 1846, this distinctive illustration of Italy in the late nineteenth century stands as a unique piece of American and Italian cartographical history. The iconic publishing house would expand during its history and would produce some of the greatest American literary works of the twentieth century. Due to its geographic location and proximity to the Mediterranean, Italy has been home to a wide range of cultures, peoples, and governing bodies. By the first century BC, the Roman Empire had become the dominant political and cultural center for the entire Mediterranean Basin and would remain the dominant power for the next two hundred years.
The Early Middle Ages saw the fall of the Roman Empire as Europe entered a period of migration and a blending of numerous cultures. By the eleventh century, Rome had re-entered a period of significant prosperity and marked the beginning of the Renaissance. This cultural revolution began in Italy but spread across Europe, producing some of the most influential works in art, literature, philosophy, and music.
By the time of this map’s publication, numerous Italian-American communities had been established for decades in New York City and endure to this day. Rapid industrialization in Northern Italy during the latter portions of the nineteenth century had spurred economic growth. However, this would slow following the conclusion of World War I, ultimately leading to the establishment of a Fascist Government in 1922.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.