- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1890 White Mountains Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1890 White Mountains Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in 1890, this detailed depiction of the White Mountain range of New Hampshire and Maine captures this vast northern range that is the culmination of the Appalachian Trail. Mount Washington is home to the Presidential Range, a line of the highest peaks in the mountains and some of the most unpredictable climbing conditions in the world. The range is often used as a training ground for challenging climbs like K2 or Everest and covers nearly a quarter of the entire state of New Hampshire.
Many of the earliest maps produced of the White Mountains were designed to attract tourists to the region from New York, Boston, and Montreal. These illustrations, while enticing, did not provide any topographical information. What makes this publication unique is the depiction of tourist attractions, rail lines, and hotels with the topographical details of the land portrayed through detailed shading.
The Appalachian Trail has 442 miles through New Hampshire, and Maine and the portion of the trail in New Hampshire mark the transition from the challenges of distance and time and introduce rough ground and steep grades.
Bird's eye perspectives were a popular item of the era, and their unique imagery immediately transports viewers back in time. In the late 20th century, New Hampshire was experiencing the benefits of industrialization with a thriving lumber industry and rail system. Coupled with the lumber industry, the mountains were a vital source of income from visiting tourists. This map is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.