- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1890 White Mountains Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1890 White Mountains Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published in 1890, this detailed depiction of the White Mountain range of New Hampshire and Maine captures this vast northern range that is the culmination of the Appalachian Trail. Mount Washington is home to the Presidential Range, a line of the highest peaks in the mountains and some of the most unpredictable climbing conditions in the world. The range is often used as a training ground for challenging climbs like K2 or Everest and covers nearly a quarter of the entire state of New Hampshire.
Many of the earliest maps produced of the White Mountains were designed to attract tourists to the region from New York, Boston, and Montreal. These illustrations, while enticing, did not provide any topographical information. What makes this publication unique is the depiction of tourist attractions, rail lines, and hotels with the topographical details of the land portrayed through detailed shading.
The Appalachian Trail has 442 miles through New Hampshire, and Maine and the portion of the trail in New Hampshire mark the transition from the challenges of distance and time and introduce rough ground and steep grades.
Bird's eye perspectives were a popular item of the era, and their unique imagery immediately transports viewers back in time. In the late 20th century, New Hampshire was experiencing the benefits of industrialization with a thriving lumber industry and rail system. Coupled with the lumber industry, the mountains were a vital source of income from visiting tourists. This map is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee NH Poster print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage White Mountains map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.