- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1891 Puget Sound Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1891 Puget Sound Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This stunning depiction of Puget Sound at the verge of the turn of the century depicts the region in a period of significant growth, transformation, and evolution. This map is done in the bird-eye perspective style, which was widely popular during the nineteenth century until advances in aerial photography in the 1920s. The unique style and distinctive aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. These perspectives were not accurate cartographical pieces but were used to promote notable buildings, prominent civic features, and other enticing aspects for towns and cities across the United States. They were used to attract merchants and residents alike and were also displayed in a show of civic pride.
An inlet of the Pacific Ocean and part of the Salish Sea, Puget Sound extends some one-hundred miles from Deception Pass in the north to Olympia in the South. British Royal Navy Captain George Vancouver discovered Puget Sound in 1792 while attempting to discover the fabled Northwest Passage. It became an American Territory in 1848 following years of co-occupation by both British and American settlers who relied on a small fur-trading industry with exports to the Eastern seaboard as well as Europe.
By 1890 a thriving lumber industry attracted settlers from across America, Canada, Western Europe, and Asia. The completion of the Northern Pacific Railroad two years before this publication further increased access and expansion. This is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.