- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1891 Houston Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1891 Houston Texas Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published during a time of great prosperity and growth in Houston, this stunning depiction shows the city bustling with opportunity. Oriented from a northern vantage point, these unique birds-eye perspectives were produced for merchants and residents to display civic pride as well as promotion for the cities, noting important local buildings, homes, and other points of interest. The late nineteenth century saw the city booming with manufacturing, blacksmithing, and with the largest American port at the time to the South in Galveston, a thriving importing and exporting industry.
As one of the major rail hubs in the South, Houston became a center for finance and oil trading. The decades following the conclusion of the Civil War marked a period of tremendous growth for Houston, and it would eventually become the fourth largest city in the United States. During the so-called Gilded Age, the cities industries expanded, and neighborhoods sprang up through the metropolitan area spurred on by an extensive network of electric streetcars. The end of the civil war saw a massive influx of residents looking for employment in the cities, many thriving businesses.
Birds-eye perspectives were some of the most popular maps from the late nineteenth century until they went out of vogue in the 1920s. Their distinct aesthetic is immediately recognizable, transporting the viewer back in time. As Houston grew in size, its cultural impact on the nation did as well, and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.