- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1891 Houston Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1891 Houston City Map of Texas Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published during a time of great prosperity and growth in Houston, this stunning depiction shows the city bustling with opportunity. Oriented from a northern vantage point, these unique birds-eye perspectives were produced for merchants and residents to display civic pride as well as promotion for the cities, noting important local buildings, homes, and other points of interest. The late nineteenth century saw the city booming with manufacturing, blacksmithing, and with the largest American port at the time to the South in Galveston, a thriving importing and exporting industry.
As one of the major rail hubs in the South, Houston became a center for finance and oil trading. The decades following the conclusion of the Civil War marked a period of tremendous growth for Houston, and it would eventually become the fourth largest city in the United States. During the so-called Gilded Age, the cities industries expanded, and neighborhoods sprang up through the metropolitan area spurred on by an extensive network of electric streetcars. The end of the civil war saw a massive influx of residents looking for employment in the cities, many thriving businesses.
Birds-eye perspectives were some of the most popular maps from the late nineteenth century until they went out of vogue in the 1920s. Their distinct aesthetic is immediately recognizable, transporting the viewer back in time. As Houston grew in size, its cultural impact on the nation did as well, and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.