- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1891 Barcelona Spain Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1891 Barcelona Map of Spain Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Founded by the Romans in the Middle Ages, Barcelona is one of the most iconic Spanish and European cities. It has been the economic, cultural, and political center of Spain for its entire history. The Bank of Barcelona is considered the oldest in Europe and was established in 1401. With the Spanish discovery of North America in 1492 and subsequent colonization, the importance of trade on the Mediterranean coast was lessened as other European nations established numerous colonies throughout what is now modern-day United States, Mexico, the Caribbean, and South and Central America.
The early portions of the nineteenth century saw Barcelona negatively impacted by the Napoleonic Wars. Still, by the time of this map’s publication, the city had become reinvigorated with industrialization and was experiencing a period of significant prosperity and growth. This time also saw the construction of numerous iconic buildings by the widely regarded Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi whose work sparked the Catalan Modernist movement. The Sagrada Familia is considered his masterwork and is the most visited site in Spain, though the project remains incomplete. Barcelona’s port remains one of the busiest in Europe and has a rich history dating back more than two thousand years.
This piece's unique aesthetic makes it immediately recognizable, and with the characteristic flourish in the upper left, it is an authentic piece of Catalonian cartographical history. The muted tones and crisp lines illustrate the distinct neighborhoods and deep ties to a sailing culture that would spur global exploration and expansion.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.