- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1891 Seattle Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1891 Map of Seattle Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Originally published two years after the Great Fire of 1889, in which 29 city blocks were destroyed, this hand-drawn panoramic view of Seattle and its surrounding towns is an enduring portrait of a time of significant change for the city. The Gold Rush had yet to start, and rebuilding the city allowed it to usher in a new era of modernity. One of the first US states to grant women’s suffrage, Seattle, was widely civilized at this time. The period from 1880 to 1890 saw an explosion of growth, and view makers would produce these drawings for citizens and businesses to proudly display. The Great Fire caused the city to change it’s building codes, and re-construction was swift atop the former city center Pioneer Square. These new codes required the use of brick and mortar instead of timber and are a significant factor in giving Seattle its aesthetic.
Drawn by Augustus Koch eighteen months after the Great Fire, this depiction presents neighborhoods and prominent businesses linking the viewer back to a time when the thriving ports and timber industry were rapidly expanding Seattle’s cultural identity. This population boom propelled Seattle to become the most populous state in Washington and the hub for the Great Northern Railroad as well as the county seat.
These perspective drawings were for display and not to scale, advertising points of interest instead of cartographical information. These unique representations serve as a window to the past and the rich history of the city and its surrounding neighborhoods.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.