- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1891 Wyoming State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1891 Wyoming Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published just one year after the Wyoming Territory achieved statehood, this unique depiction of one of the most iconic places in the American West illustrates the vast wilderness and shows the state in a period of significant transition and growth. When the Union Pacific Railroad reached Cheyenne in 1867, a population boom was sparked, and the next two decades would prove pivotal for the state. The United States first National Park was established in 1872, and much of the park is in Wyoming. The park is home to an extensive range of flora and fauna, as well as many unique geothermal features, including the Old Faithful geyser.
The Homestead Act of 1862 attracted many new farmers and ranchers to Wyoming, where numerous settlements sprang up around the fertile river valleys. Most of the land in Wyoming was public domain for the majority of the second half of the nineteenth century. Because precious metals were never discovered in Wyoming, it did not see the population expansion like its neighbor to the South, Colorado. However, coal mining remained a prominent industry in the state through the twentieth century.
By the 1890s, Wyoming’s population had grown from under ten thousand in the 1870s to nearly seventy-five thousand as rail lines expanded access and eager Americans moved West to establish homestead farms and ranches. While the state remained mostly agricultural, gold mining was briefly profitable in the 1870s. This unique depiction of Wyoming is truly a piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee map Wyoming print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your vintage Wyoming map print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage Wyoming wall map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.