- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1892 Map of Dallas Texas Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Dallas Poster Print . A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published during the Industrial Period, this depiction of Dallas shows the city in a period of significant transition, growth, and cultural transformation. By the late nineteenth century, the city had become the leading pharmaceutical, jewelry, and wholesale market in the Southwestern United States and the largest trading hub for cotton, grain, and cattle. Illustrated by prolific French immigrant Paul Giraud this stunning portrayal of Dallas immediately transports the viewer back with its unique aesthetic and distinctive style.
The 1890s marked a period of growth for the city as annexation efforts created one of the United States' largest metroplexes. The annexation of East Dallas, which was geographically larger than Dallas, in 1890 would make the city the most populous in Texas. This bird's eye perspective would have been displayed proudly as a show of civic pride by residents and merchants alike, as well as be used as a marketing tool to attract businesses and residents. Due to their unique style, bird's eye perspectives were among the most popular illustrations of the nineteenth century and would remain so until the 1920s.
In the years following the conclusion of the Civil War, Dallas became an important railroad hub and was the last stop for those traveling west to purchase necessary supplies, marking a prominent growth in retail stores and wholesalers. By the late nineteenth century, Dallas was booming and generating a culture that would become synonymous with Texas for the coming years, and this is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.