- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1892 Galveston Texas Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Map of Galveston Texas. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This land ownership map of Galveston County was originally produced in 1892. These unique maps were created to indicate owner plot number and in many cases the property owners names. Land ownership maps are less common and share an interesting perspective on the history of towns and cities.
Our digitally restored and enhanced reproduction is color corrected and updated to reconstruct the quality of this historical map. Galveston in 1892 was a thriving international port and one of the main entries to the United States and a central hub for trade in Texas. The main street called The Strand was even referred to as “The Wall Street of the South.”
Galveston was very successful during the post Civil War reconstruction and this map depicts the rich history of the region and the progressive civil rights movement that flourished on the island. Immigrant families often remained on the island after their arrival in the United States due to the flourishing economy and excellent education. Galveston was also the hometown of the greatest pugilist of the era Jack Johnson.
This handsome reproduction is printed on heavy matte stock with museum quality archival ink and is an ideal gift for the history fan in your life. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to frame. Our digital restorations and enhancements update this map and create astunning piece of decor that makes a perfect addition to any home, office, classroom, or library.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.