- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1892 North Dakota Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Map of North Dakota Art Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published three years after the territory achieved statehood, this unique depiction of North Dakota shows the state in a period of significant transition and growth. The success of the Northern Pacific and Great Northern Railroads had expanded access to North Dakota, and European immigrants were flocking to the region to establish farms, dairies, and cattle ranches. German immigrants comprised the majority during this period as they fled civil unrest in their home country, with a large portion of Scandinavian immigrants also establishing homesteads in the region. As rail lines increased, access towns and cities were established as the region became an essential agricultural driver for the burgeoning nation.
This work is a distinctive representation of iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally's signature style. The late nineteenth century saw Northeastern Americans coming to the region's cities to establish thriving retail businesses as farmers' needs expanded. The importance of railroad expansion throughout the region cannot be understated and was the driving force behind the state's economy, which exported numerous agricultural commodities that were fueling The United States' growth. Much of this growth was spurred by efforts from the Great Northern Railroad, which purchased Government lands and advertised them to eager farmers in the East and Europe as well.
North Dakota's natural resources have always driven the state economy, and the expansion of railroads allowed farmers to export their crops throughout the nation. Rand McNally became synonymous with maps through the twentieth century, and this early piece of theirs is truly a piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.