- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1892 New York and Brooklyn Poster Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 New York City Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This birds-eye perspective of New York City and Brooklyn, with Jersey City and Hoboken waterfront published in 1892 is a stunning depiction of the iconic American area in a time of great transition, growth, and prosperity. The bustling harbor and busy streets saw immigrants pouring into the city. The five boroughs had yet to be consolidated, and the city was transforming.
Modern steel and glass skyscrapers were introduced to the city in the 1890s, and the development of the modern-day department store had begun as well. By this time, New York had become the number one destination for tourists seeking entertainment, museums, and nightlife. The first of what would come to be known as nightclubs, the Webster Hall, opened in 1886.
1892 also marked the opening of Ellis Island, where the flood of immigrants would start embark on their journey in America. The Statue of Liberty was completed in 1886, becoming an immediately recognizable landmark and part of the new American identity.
Birdseye perspectives were published to allow residents and merchants alike to display their civic pride, and New Yorkers had many reasons to be proud. Produced and illustrated by the prolific Currier & Ives Lithographic company, the distinct aesthetic of these maps immediately transports the viewer back in time. The company had been creating unique images that represented significant moments and places in American History, and this map is no different. New York in the 1890s was a city full of life as immigrants mingled with locals and cultures learned to thrive and evolve into the diverse tapestry recognized today.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.