- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1892 Marin California Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Marin County California Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by the Schmidt Label and Lithography Co, this stunning depiction of Marin County shows it in a period of significant transition and growth. Located in the northwestern part of the San Francisco Bay Area, the County was experiencing a period of great prosperity during America's so called 'Gilded Age.' One of the original 27 counties established in California in 1849 with the California Constitution's adoption, which was signed merely months prior to California's admission into the United States in 1850 as the thirty-first state. California's mineral and agricultural resources created a flourishing economy.
San Francisco had already experienced an economic boom spurred on by numerous mineral discoveries during the middle of the nineteenth century and its large port, the busiest on the West Coast. Schmidt Lithography was based in San Francisco and was the largest map producers and publishers in California during the nineteenth century and even constructed the Schmidt Lithography Co. Clock Tower in San Francisco, which stands to this day. Thanks to preservation efforts and the tower's unique characteristics, it has come to be known as the 'timepiece of Rincon hill,’ and an important landmark in the area.
As the nation continued to grow in the years following the conclusion of the Civil War, many immigrants were attracted to the region, and numerous neighborhoods with distinct communities flourished and still exist today. The unique aesthetic and recognizable style instantly transport the viewer back in time, and this is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.