- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1892 Map of Pittston and West Pittston Pennsylvania Wall Art. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Pittston Luzerne County Pennsylvania Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler, who is considered the most prolific illustrator of birds eye perspective, focused on cities across Pennsylvania. Fowler’s works are held in the collections of Yale University, the Boston Public Library, and Pennsylvania State University and are considered historical representations of life in the nineteenth century. Their unique aesthetic and distinctive style immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Panoramic maps were used as marketing materials and featured prominent civic buildings, economic features, and natural attractions as well to entice residents and industrialists alike.
Originally founded in 1770, Pittston is located between the Susquehanna and the Lackawanna Rivers in the Wyoming Valley. The area was an active site for battles during the American Revolution and saw numerous clashes between Patriots and British Forces. The discovery of coal in the late eighteenth century transformed the region economically and led to the construction of a canal in the 1830s, which made the already thriving coal industry able to more efficiently export the valuable commodity to major ports and markets in the Northeast and Europe. This attracted an influx of immigrants from Ireland, England, and Western Europe who established neighborhoods and communities based on cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that illustrates Pittston in a period of significant prosperity and growth as the coal industry remained the primary source of fuel across the United States.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.