- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1892 United States Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Map of United States Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
The main line of the Union Pacific Railroad was completed in 1869 and was a federally funded project that aimed to forge allegiances with California and Oregon as the nation prepared for the American Civil War outbreak. Published one year prior to the Panic of 1893 when the Union Pacific went bankrupt along with 153 other major railroads. The completion of the line marked the first transcontinental route and spurred cultural and economic growth throughout the United States.
Towns and cities sprang up around rail stops allowing farmers and ranchers to export their crops and cattle throughout the nation, which in turn sparked rapid expansion and urbanization during the latter half of the nineteenth century. With land sales from Government granted land, the Union Pacific was able to fund the construction, and the rail line became critical for shipping goods across the nation from large ports in San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, and Los Angeles. Additionally, the increased access to the American West helped the population boom in coastal cities from California to Washington.
This detailed illustration was completed by prominent American map publisher Leonard Knight and Company and bears a distinctive aesthetic which immediately transports the viewer back in time. This iconic route transformed America and is considered one of the most outstanding achievements of the nineteenth century. In the 1890s, rail was the primary transportation for goods, and with lower operating costs and faster speeds, trains allowed the nation to enter the Gilded Age at the turn of the century.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highestquality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.