- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1893 Geneva Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1893 Map of Geneva Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Illustrated by noted New York native lithographer L.R. Burleigh this unique bird's eye perspective of Geneva, NY, as the turn of the century neared portrays the city in a period of significant growth and transformation. Officially incorporated in 1806, Geneva lies at the Northern edge of Lake Seneca. When the Eerie Canal was completed in 1825, access opened for local farmers to distribute their crops throughout the Eastern seaboard.
Burleigh was prolific, producing over 120 original illustrations of town and cities across the Northeast. His distinctive aesthetic and style made these illustrations popular throughout America during the latter portion of the nineteenth century. His works have been in the Smithsonian, Boston Library, and Library of Congress, and he is considered one of the most prominent lithographers of his era. Burleigh worked as a civil engineer before beginning his lithography business.
The cities proximity to the Canal also opened up midwestern markets that had previously been inaccessible. By the 1890s, a flourishing manufacturing industry allowed the city to thrive in the so-called 'Gilded Age.' These illustrations served as marketing materials for cities and towns across America to highlight prominent business people, civil buildings, and other enticing features. They were also displayed in a show of civic pride by merchants and residents alike. Their striking style immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates a link to the past while simultaneously depicting how an area has grown and evolved. This is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.