- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1893 Nevada Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1893 Large Nevada Map Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced and published by the iconic American mapmaker Read McNally with their signature aesthetic, this depiction of Nevada in 1893 shows the state in a period of growth, transition, and development; this is an authentic piece of cartographical history. Silver and other precious metal mining had spurred eager speculators and miners to head west in an attempt to build their fortunes. Nevada’s harsh geography made travel to the region difficult, though the expansion of railroad lines through the 19th century had allowed greater access and the formation of towns to supply miners.
Immigrants to Nevada came from diverse backgrounds, including Native Americans, French, Portuguese, and Chinese settlers taking advantage of loose homestead laws and an abundance of open land for cattle ranching or mining speculation. The history of Nevada in the 19th century was one of boom and bust as mineral discoveries would bring a predictable flood of population which would sustain rough and tumble mining towns until the minerals fields played out.
The 1859 Comstock Lode discovery opened up the era of silver mining and earned the state the nickname ‘The Silver State,’ though because of it achieving statehood during the Civil War, it was also referred to ‘The Battleborn State.’ The Eureka and Palisade Railroad was completed ion 1875 and gave access to export silver ore to the first transcontinental railroad, which was completed in 1869. These lines were built in an attempt to decrease the reliance on uncomfortable, slow stagecoaches to reach remote mining locations.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.