Produced and published by the iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally with their signature aesthetic, this depiction of Nevada in 1893 shows the state in a period of growth, transition, and development; this is an authentic piece of cartographical history. Silver and other precious metal mining had spurred eager speculators and miners to head west in an attempt to build their fortunes. Nevada’s harsh geography made travel to the region difficult, though the expansion of railroad lines through the 19th century had allowed greater access and the formation of towns to supply miners.
Immigrants to Nevada came from diverse backgrounds, including Native Americans, French, Portuguese, and Chinese settlers taking advantage of loose homestead laws and an abundance of open land for cattle ranching or mining speculation. The history of Nevada in the 19th century was one of boom and bust as mineral discoveries would bring a predictable flood of population which would sustain rough and tumble mining towns until the minerals fields played out.
The 1859 Comstock Lode discovery opened up the era of silver mining and earned the state the nickname ‘The Silver State,’ though because of it achieving statehood during the Civil War, it was also referred to ‘The Battleborn State.’ The Eureka and Palisade Railroad was completed ion 1875 and gave access to export silver ore to the first transcontinental railroad, which was completed in 1869. These lines were built in an attempt to decrease the reliance on uncomfortable, slow stagecoaches to reach remote mining locations.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1893 Nevada State Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1893 Nevada State Map . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 16x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.