- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1893 San Gabriel California Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1893 San Gabriel California Wall Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by one of the most prominent birds-eye perspective illustrators of his time, D.D. Morse, this distinguished depiction of San Gabriel shows the city in a period of significant growth and transformation. At this time, the area was primarily agrarian, and extensive vineyards and farms produced a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that were transported to major markets across America. As Los Angeles grew to the city's west, it would eventually be incorporated into the metropolitan area. The city was founded by the Spanish in 1771 with the establishment of the Mission San Gabriel Arcángel by Saint Junipero Serra.
During the Spanish and Mexican periods, the area served an essential role in the development of Los Angeles and Californio society, and it is often called the birthplace of the Los Angeles region. Located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, the city remains one of the most historic and iconic parts of Los Angeles due to its rich history and enduring legacies. Morse’s depiction of the city bears a unique aesthetic and traditional style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
The area’s distinct culture is a blend of Spanish, Mexican, and American influences that can be seen in the iconic architecture. By the 1890s, much of the region was becoming more modern as America was experiencing significant prosperity during the so-called Gilded Age. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.