- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You'll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1895 East Baton Rouge Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional's choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1895 Map of Baton Rouge LA. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This detailed depiction of the most populous parish in Louisiana shows the city in a period of significant growth, transformation, and prosperity as the turn of the twentieth century neared. The town's rich history dates back to its foundation in 1699 when European immigrants chose the area due to its geographic location at the confluence of the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico. These immigrants laid the foundation for what would eventually become the State Capital of Louisiana. By 1895 Baton Rouge had become a cosmopolitan city and cultural staple of the American south.
This depiction of the city to the east of the Mississippi illustrates the deep connection the city and state have to the largest North American River. As one of the primary methods for transporting goods to major markets in the North and allowing for the export of agricultural and manufactured products to reach the port in New Orleans, the river allowed for the expansion of numerous markets thought the Midwest and southern states. Baton Rouge was occupied by Union forces in 1862 and would remain under their control for the duration of the Civil War. After the conclusion of the war, Baton Rouge was able to flourish and experienced a population boom as the city was largely unharmed during the conflict.
The unique aesthetic and distinctive style immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates an indelible link between the past and present. This is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.