- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1895 Saint Louis Missouri Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1895 St Louis Missouri Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This detailed portrayal of St. Louis depicts the city in a time of significant prosperity, growth, and transformation. By the end of the nineteenth century St. Louis had become the fourth largest American city and was thriving economically. The city was experiencing massive cultural evolution and becoming one of the jewels of the American midwest. It had the nation’s tallest skyscraper constructed in 1891 and was as culturally significant as any American city at the time. Extensive railroad lines and St fueled the rapid westward expansion, and St. Louis was one of the largest hubs allowing travel throughout the nation to go through the city.
Produced in the distinctive Birds Eye perspective by noted lithographer Charles Juehne, a popular illustration style in the latter portions of the nineteenth century, this stunning map immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates a unique link between past and present. Birds Eye perspectives were produced as marketing materials for prominent cities and would detail notable businesses, civil buildings, and other enticing features.
St. Louis had seen industrialization like no other city following the Civil War's conclusion in 1865, and vast fortunes were being made in manufacturing plants. This created a population explosion as eager Southern Americans flocked to the city for employment. Additionally, its location at the Ohio, Mississippi, and Missouri rivers' confluence made it uniquely suited for inter-regional trade. Publish during a significant period in St. Louis’ evolution; this is truly an authentic piece of Americana cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.