- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1896 Wyandotte Michigan Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1896 Wyandotte MI Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American cartographer T.M. Fowler this stunning depiction of Wyandotte Michigan shows the city in a period of significant growth, transformation, and prosperity. Fowler's career focused on birds-eye perspectives, which were popular during the mid-nineteenth century until the 1920s as advances in aerial photography created demand for photographs instead of illustrations. These perspectives' unique aesthetic and signature style immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Fowler's works comprise the largest collection included in the Library of Congress, and he is considered the most productive birds-eye perspective producer. His works are also included in collections at Pennsylvania State University, The Boston Library, and Yale University.
Wyandotte was founded on the banks of the Detroit River, some eleven miles south of the iconic Midwestern city. The city was incorporated in 1866 and is the second oldest city in Wayne County after Detroit. The late nineteenth century saw the Midwest experiencing a population boom as demand for steel increased, and mills attracted workers from across the American South, Western Europe, Italy, Poland, and Germany. These new residents established communities along cultural lines, many of which exist to this day.
The city was founded with a layout based on Philadelphia with a focal point from the Detroit River and Front Street, becoming the first parallel. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history that illustrates the rich history and transformation as America rushed towards the turn of the century.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.