- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1898 Colombia and Venezuela Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1898 Mapa de Colombia & Mapa de Venezuela Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by the iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally, this distinct depiction of Colombia and Venezuela at the turn of the twentieth century shows the region in a period of significant transformation and growth both culturally and economically. The firm utilized a method that employed wax engraving that would revolutionize printing and mapmaking since their first cartographical publication in 1872. The company expanded significantly as automobiles gained popularity with their signature travel guides and road maps. Rand McNally also originated the system of numbered highways that became standard for national routes after cartographer John Brink’s invention in 1917.
Though the Panama Canal would not be completed until 1914, its inclusion as an inset in this map distinguished this piece and demonstrates the significance of the waterway in Central American history. Both Venezuela and Colombia gained independence from colonial rule in the nineteenth century and bear cultures that blend European influence with indigenous traditions and heritage. Colombia is the first constitutional government in South America and a forebearer of the road to democratic rule throughout the continent.
During World War I, the discovery of vast oil deposits in Venezuela impacted the economy dramatically and spurred a thriving mining and export industry that lasted until the 1980s. This map's signature style and distinctive aesthetic immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. This is an authentic piece of Central American cartographical history that captures the two nations in periods of notable transformation.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This vintage map reproduction makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.