- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1900 Yellowstone National Park Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1900 Yellowstone Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube. Shipping is fast and free.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. We stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Established by the U.S. Congress, Yellowstone National Park became the first in the nation in 1872 and is widely considered to be the first in the world. Yellowstone is known for its many geothermal features, especially Old Faithful, which has attracted tourists since the establishment of the park. As part of the southern Rocky Mountain Range, Yellowstone also features an abundant and subalpine ecosystem and is home to diverse wildlife.
Organized exploration of the region did not start until the 1860s and previously had been traveled in by mountain men and Native Americans. The park is entwined with the history and lore of the American West. This map, published in the same year as the Lacey Act, which banned hunting and poaching in Yellowstone, depicts the park in a period of significant transition as rail travel had allowed greater access, and visitors were flocking in numbers that had never before been seen. By 1900 Yellowstone was inspiring awe for over 5,000 visitors annually.
Old Faithful geyser has spouted at regular intervals since its discovery and has more than one million recorded eruptions. Yellowstone is nearly 3,500 square miles and comprises the Yellowstone Caldera, which is the largest super volcano on the continent. The park’s sheer size creates a wide range of different biology. It is home to the largest and most famous megafauna forest in the contiguous U.S. Yellowstone is also home to the largest and oldest herd of Bison, and the park remains one of the most iconic places in the United States.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery