- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1900 Sonoma California Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1900 Map of Sonoma County CA. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published at the turn of the nineteenth century, this highly detailed and aesthetically unique depiction of Sonoma, Ca, instantly transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic piece of American cartographical history. This historic map shows the region in a period of growth and transformation as the State and Nation continued to progress during the so-called ‘Gilded Age.’ This period was marked by prosperity as America hurtled into a modern era.
The first non-indigenous settlers to Sonoma were Russians who established Fort Ross on the coast. The arrival of the San Francisco and North Pacific Railroad in 1870 had caused the population to expand during the later parts of the nineteenth century rapidly. In 1906 a powerful earthquake in San Francisco caused extensive damage throughout Sonoma County. While the area remained predominantly agrarian during the nineteenth century, it would become famous for its wine production by the middle of the twentieth century. Its lush geography and mild climate would make it a premier destination for tourism on the west coast. The fertile land allowed for a robust harvest, and by 1920 Sonoma County was the eight most productive farming region in the United States.
The region had been ceded to the United States from Mexico in 1848 following the conclusion of the Mexican-American War and was the largest land cession since the Louisiana Purchas in 1803. This created contiguous control from the Atlantic to Pacific Oceans and represented years of American efforts to have a continual border.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.