- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1900 Wisconsin Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1900 Wisconsin Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published at the turn of the nineteenth century, this railroad map of Wisconsin would have provided invaluable information to residents and prospective immigrants at the time. Wisconsin had experienced a massive expansion in the late nineteenth century due to the increased access allowed by expanded rail lines. This access allowed farmers, dairies, and ranchers to export their products to the large cities on the East Coast, which were experiencing record prosperity during the so-called ‘Gilded Age.’
Wisconsin was admitted into the United States in 1848 as the 30th state, the last to be entirely East of the Mississippi River. Immigrants flocked to the region during the latter portion of the nineteenth century, establishing numerous farms and communities with distinct ties to their homelands in Scandinavia and Western Europe and becoming the nation’s largest milk producer. Famine and civil unrest in Ireland and Germany during this period also caused the arrival of hopeful immigrants who were able to establish some of the oldest breweries in the nation throughout the state.
By the turn of the nineteenth century, manufacturing had become an economic driver for the state, and cities like Madison and Milwaukee had become thriving urban centers attracting residents from their surrounding farmland for work in paper mills and other modern industries. These official railroad maps bear a unique aesthetic and immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating a link to the past and understanding of how these places evolve and grow. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.