- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1900 Cincinnati Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1900 Map of Cincinnati Wall Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by the prominent Henderson Lithographic Co, which was formed in Cincinnati in the early 1880s, this stunning depiction of the iconic American city shows in a time of tremendous prosperity and development. Illustrated in the wildly popular bird’s eye perspective style, this unique illustration immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates a bond between past and present. This style would remain popular until the 1920s, and the Henderson Lithographic Co was known for these large scale prints. They produced these as marketing materials to attract industrialists and workers seeking opportunities in the thriving manufacturing industries the city had become known for in the late eighteenth century.
By the turn of the century, Cincinnati had become one of the most economically important and densest cities in America. It had become an important industrial, literary, political, and educational center for America and the Midwest, respectively. By the 1880s, the city had 300,000 residents and was thriving as the industrial revolution was in full swing. Cincinnati exported more iron in the late eighteenth century than any other American city, and this spurred the financial growth of the city.
Its proximity to the Ohio River allowed its bustling industries accessible trade routes in and out of the city, and it was the sixth-largest American City by 1850. Cincinnati’s prominence would continue throughout the twentieth century, and it would continue to grow and develop. This unique illustration is an authentic piece of American cartographical history with a distinct aesthetic.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.