- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1901 Bakersfield California Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1901 Map of Bakersfield Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Located at the base of the southern tip of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Bakersfield has long been a significant gateway to the Southwest. First settled by Spanish missionaries in the eighteenth century, Bakersfield would not see substantial expansion until the discovery of gold in 1851, and the discovery of oil in 1865 which attracted residents eager to extract these resources. By 1901 Bakersfield had seen a large influx of workers attracted by the increased demand for petroleum products as automobiles spurred the need for greater oil production across the United States. The city had more than triple its population in the latter portion of the late eighteenth century. Bakersfield remains a significant hub for agricultural production and energy extraction.
Birds eye perspectives were widely popular during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and bear a unique aesthetic and distinctive style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Bakersfield is the County Seat of Kern County, the most productive oil-producing region in California. The city was first incorporated in 1873 and quickly grew to be one of the largest cities in California. This depiction illustrates the city in a period of significant prosperity at the turn of the twentieth century.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that shows the iconic city in a period of transformation as modern advances in technology gave way to traditional ways of life. The historic architecture from this period remains an enduring feature of Bakersfield’s history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.