- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1901 Fresno California Wall Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1901 Fresno Map of California. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Fresno is Spanish for Ash Tree and was chosen as the town’s name due to the abundance of them lining the San Joaquin River. Fresno is the geographical center of California, with Los Angeles two hundred and twenty miles to the south, Sacramento one hundred and seventy miles to the North, and San Francisco one hundred and eighty-five miles Northwest. Fresno County was formed in 1856 following the California Gold Rush, which saw eager prospectors flood the region and establish camps and mercantile during the mid-nineteenth century. By the turn of the twentieth century, Fresno had become a significant agricultural center in the San Joaquin Valley and one of the largest inland cities in California.
Fresno became an incorporated city in 1885 after significant growth due to the completion of the Central Pacific Railroad in 1872. Large farms were established and remain the most prominent economic driver for the region, which is one of the most productive areas in the United States for a wide variety of goods. Many innovations in industrial agriculture are tied to Fresno, and its growth through the nineteenth and twentieth century are tied to the ability to produce vast supplies of crops for easy transport to major markets on the West and East Coast.
This birds-eye perspective bears a unique style and distinctive aesthetic that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical and agricultural history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.