- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1901 San Jose California Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1901 San Jose Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific California lithographers Britton & Rey, who were the most popular mapmakers on the west coast throughout the second half of the nineteenth century. Their unique bird's eye perspectives were commercially popular with business owners and residents alike. The San Francisco based duo became the premier lithographers of the Gold Rush era, and their publications served as promotion for cities throughout California.
Bird's eye perspectives were popular marketing tools for towns and cities across America, and their unique aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time. San Jose's population had grown to over twenty-thousand by 1900, and the region was an agricultural hub for the state and nation alike. In 1850 San Jose became the first capital of California, and the period from 1900 to 1920 marked tremendous innovations in physics and aviation technologies pioneered by John Montgomery and his work with heavier than air flying machines. This tradition of innovation in technology would continue through the decades, and San Jose would eventually become known as Silicon Valley as nearly every major tech company would be headquartered in the city.
In 1906 an earthquake in San Francisco caused more than three thousand deaths in the region, and the event was considered one of the worst natural disasters to strike northern California. The death toll remains the most significant loss of life from a natural disaster in California's history. San Jose's rich history and culture come to life in this rare piece of American cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.