- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1903 Kauai Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1903 Kauai Wall Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and compiled from existing surveys, this detailed depiction of Kaua'i shows "the Garden Isle" in a period of significant transformation as the region came under control by the United States following the overthrow of Queen Lili'uokalani in 1893. Hawai'i would not achieve statehood until 1959, following more than sixty years of attempts to enter the Union. Kaua'i is the Northernmost island of the chain and was the first to be discovered by Captain Cook in 1778 at Waimea Bay. Cook would return the following year where he would be killed during a skirmish with local Hawaiians following days of tension.
Kaua'i has done more than any other island in Hawai'i to maintain local control and has not fostered a thriving tourism economy like the majority of Hawai'i. This depiction shows it during a transitional time when traditional cultures became enmeshed with Western customs and traditions.
Known for its rich natural resources and biodiversity, and thriving marine environments, Kaua'i is geologically the second oldest of the Hawaiian Islands. These survey maps are important historical documents that show the evolution, development, growth, and settlement of a region. Due to its remote location, Kaua'i remained a primarily agricultural society throughout the twentieth century, with tourism beginning to spur the economy during the 1960s. With a distinctive minimal style and unique aesthetic, this depiction immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.