- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1904 Yellowstone National Park Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1904 Yellowstone National Park Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This stunning aerial depiction of Yellowstone National Park indeed provides the viewer with a sense of the scope and grandeur of the landscape. Established by President Grant in 1872, the park is a true icon of the American West, and its rich history is engraved in American history. The 3,468 square miles contain a vast array of geographical features and diverse wildlife. The Yellowstone Caldera is the largest super volcano in North America, though considered dormant.
Published with spot heights, this map is a testament to the enduring legacy the parks geography holds in the American landscape. This map was produced by prominent American lithographer Henry Wellge, who was one of five men that generated over half of all perspective maps in the Library of Congress. His work is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time. Yellowstone Lake is one of the largest high elevation lakes in North America. The park is comprised of canyons, lakes, waterfalls, and mountain ranges. The park is also home to the oldest and largest free-roaming Bison herd in the United States.
The park was experiencing tourism like never before in the early 20th century as automobile travel became more frequent, and the arduous journey to and within the park by horse and carriage soon became banned. The park, perhaps more than any other, is representative of the American West and its storied history. One gains a real sense of the era and vastness of the space as it’s projected in this illustration.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.