- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high qualiy historic reproduction of 1905 Kentucky State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1905 Kentucky State Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published by iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally, this detailed depiction of the state of Kentucky shows the state in a time of significant transition. The whole nation was experiencing a rapid shift from the 19th to 20th centuries, and progressions in automobile and rail technology were giving the mid-west greater access to importing and exporting goods. Kentucky’s economy in the early 20th century was still primarily driven by agriculture, with tobacco and corn being profitable crops. Due to the vast cornfields, the distillation of Bourbon became one of the most iconic economic drivers for the state and is a thriving industry to this day, with Bourbon County being the only place able to produce the spirit.
The state had been less affected during the period of reconstruction following the Civil War as it had remained a neutral territory. BY 1905 coal mining had become one of the most lucrative industries in Kentucky, and many subsistence farmers looked for work in the mines instead of the fields. This shift from agrarian to industrialized mining saw the state start to expand and develop more city centers spurred on by greater rail access.
During the so-called Gilded Age, Kentucky, like the rest of the nation, saw a dramatic shift both economically and culturally. Towns and cities were expanding, and job growth was becoming more centralized and less agrarian. This map stands as a testament to this evolution, allowing the viewer to transport back in time; this is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee Kentucky State decor print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your Kentucky wall art print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching Kentucky vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.