- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1905 Kentucky Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1905 State Map of Kentucky. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally, this detailed depiction of the state of Kentucky shows the state in a time of significant transition. The whole nation was experiencing a rapid shift from the 19th to 20th centuries, and progressions in automobile and rail technology were giving the mid-west greater access to importing and exporting goods. Kentucky’s economy in the early 20th century was still primarily driven by agriculture, with tobacco and corn being profitable crops. Due to the vast cornfields, the distillation of Bourbon became one of the most iconic economic drivers for the state and is a thriving industry to this day, with Bourbon County being the only place able to produce the spirit.
The state had been less affected during the period of reconstruction following the Civil War as it had remained a neutral territory. BY 1905 coal mining had become one of the most lucrative industries in Kentucky, and many subsistence farmers looked for work in the mines instead of the fields. This shift from agrarian to industrialized mining saw the state start to expand and develop more city centers spurred on by greater rail access.
During the so-called Gilded Age, Kentucky, like the rest of the nation, saw a dramatic shift both economically and culturally. Towns and cities were expanding, and job growth was becoming more centralized and less agrarian. This map stands as a testament to this evolution, allowing the viewer to transport back in time; this is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.