- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1905 Capital city of Oregon, Salem Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of [print year/name]. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Uniquely illustrated with a more modern aesthetic as a one-off map by E. Koppe, this bird's eye view of Salem, Oregon, is a visually stunning piece of cartographical history. With full inserts of the Marion Courthouse and the State House of Oregon, this depiction of the capital city transports a viewer back in time.
Located in the center of the Willamette Valley, Salem is bisected by the 45th parallel, the halfway point between the Equator and the North Pole. Salem's domestic economy has always relied heavily on agriculture. The Willamette River forms the boundary between Marion and Polk counties and is also responsible for the fertile alluvial soil in the plain. Due to the richness of the land, Salem was a frequent destination for enterprising farmers. It was advertised as the "Land of Milk and Honey," throughout the nineteenth century as settlers moved northwest on the Oregon Trail. In this perspective map, the peak of Mt Hood can be seen as a backdrop for the numerous fields and farmhouses.
While Koppe's illustration lacks the high level of detail often associated with bird's eye view productions, his unique style gives the viewer a sense of the history of the region and its flora and fauna equally. Interestingly, his edition lacks the typical directory of local businesses or prominent merchant's homes, indicating that this edition was produced for less commercial purposes. Little is known of Koppe, and this appears to be his only illustration of a map; a truly distinctive piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.