- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1908 White Mountains Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1908 White Mountains Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube. Shipping is fast and free.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. We stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published in 1909, the unique bird's eye perspective of Mount Washington is a remarkable piece of cartographical History as it was produced from an aerial interpretation and indexes points of interest. Mt Washington is the highest peak in the Northeast and has produced some of the most extreme weather in history, holding the record for the highest wind speed in North America at 231 miles per hour from 1934 to 1996. The summit is used as training grounds for expeditions preparing to climb Mount Everest and K2.
The first summit house opened in 1856 and became one of the earliest destinations for tourists from Boston, New York, and Montreal. The summit house burned in 1908 and was rebuilt with granite. The Tip Top house survived the fire and stands to this day as a historic site.
The Mount Washington Cog Railway opened in 1858 and is still operating today. It is the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway and the second steepest with an average grade of over twenty-five percent. Mount Washington Auto Road is another historic climb and home to the oldest auto race in the United States, with the inaugural race occurring in 1904. The Appalachian Trail, one of the longest through hikes in the world, also crosses the summit of Mount Washington.
Mount Washington is an iconic peak with a rich history and distinctive place in American History and was depicted throughout the 19th century by the White Mountain School, a collective of American painters that found inspiration in this wild landscape.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.