- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1909 Colorado Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1909 Colorado State Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Made famous during the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush go 1859, Colorado Springs lies at the foot of the Front Rage of The Rocky Mountains and stands over a mile above sea level. This unique depiction of the iconic city of America’s West shows it in a period of transition from a dusty frontier town to a prosperous outpost to the Rockies with fortunes being amassed in nearby mines.
Published by prolific American mapmaker Bryan Benford Publishing Company, these illustrations were printed as marketing materials to draw new residents to towns and cities as well as for local merchants and residents to display their civic pride. Benford’s Denver based publishing company was known for producing these works, which contained notable places and prominent meeting places as well as City Hall’s and universities. Created as though the artist were above the city, the panoramic style of these productions immediately transports the viewer back in time, and they are genuinely authentic pieces of cartographical history. This style was quite popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Colorado Springs had experienced a population boom in the late 19th century with the completion of railroad lines into the city. The population more than tripled in the late 1800s, and by the 1900s, it was home to wealthy miners, as well as artists and writers. The climate also drew tourists, and it had become popular for its numerous health resorts. This grand depiction of Colorado Springs also features the iconic Pikes Peak as the cities backdrop.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.