- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1909 Map of Colorado Springs. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1909 Map of Colorado Springs. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Made famous during the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush go 1859, Colorado Springs lies at the foot of the Front Rage of The Rocky Mountains and stands over a mile above sea level. This unique depiction of the iconic city of America’s West shows it in a period of transition from a dusty frontier town to a prosperous outpost to the Rockies with fortunes being amassed in nearby mines.
Published by prolific American mapmaker Bryan Benford Publishing Company, these illustrations were printed as marketing materials to draw new residents to towns and cities as well as for local merchants and residents to display their civic pride. Benford’s Denver based publishing company was known for producing these works, which contained notable places and prominent meeting places as well as City Hall’s and universities. Created as though the artist were above the city, the panoramic style of these productions immediately transports the viewer back in time, and they are genuinely authentic pieces of cartographical history. This style was quite popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Colorado Springs had experienced a population boom in the late 19th century with the completion of railroad lines into the city. The population more than tripled in the late 1800s, and by the 1900s, it was home to wealthy miners, as well as artists and writers. The climate also drew tourists, and it had become popular for its numerous health resorts. This grand depiction of Colorado Springs also features the iconic Pikes Peak as the cities backdrop.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.