- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1909 Los Angeles Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1909 Los Angeles Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in 1909, this detailed and aesthetically striking bird's eye perspective of Los Angeles was illustrated by noted lithographer Worthington Gates. These maps were produced for residents and merchants alike to display their civic pride, and Angelinos had a great deal to be proud of in this era. This was a time of considerable industrial growth and population expansion. Oil derricks were pumping, and the cities' ports, railroads, banks, and factories were some of the busiest in the nation.
While much of the area surrounding Los Angeles was still farmland, the central business district had been established, and the city was thriving economically. With the completion of the San Pedro breakwaters the following year, Los Angeles incorporated San Pedro and neighboring Wilmington in 1909.
This time of industrialization and development established what would become recognizable as modern-day Los Angeles. The first cinematic production to come out of Los Angeles, The Count of Monte Cristo, is completed in 1909. The film industry and the celebrities associated with it have created some of the most iconic images of Los Angeles.
A truly American city. Los Angeles holds an important place in the history of the United States, and the rich history and culture of the city endure today. Presented in stunning detail with illustration transports the viewer back in time. This depiction shows Los Angeles in a time where it's identity was being solidified, and residents and industries were starting to shape the city into what it was destined to become.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.