- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1909 Los Angeles City Map Print. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1909 Los Angeles Map Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in 1909, this bird's eye perspective depicts the great city of Los Angeles in a period of prosperity and expansion. Oil drilling had become the primary economic driver for the city, though the surrounding areas still thrived with farming and ranching. Edward Doheny's discovery of oil in 1892 had caused the city population to explode and, by this time, was well over one hundred thousand. The consistently fair weather and work opportunities had people flocking to Los Angeles from around the globe and created the diverse melting pot that endures today.
Oil baron JP Getty called the city home, and his contributions to the arts have become permanent fixtures and iconic spaces from the Getty Museum to the Getty Villa. His philanthropic trust remained the largest art endowment in the world and was established in 1953. Griffith Park was established three years after this map and is a truly iconic fixture in the culture of Los Angeles.
The first feature film to be produced in Los Angeles, The Count of Monte Cristo, was completed in 1909, laying the groundwork for what would become the cities second great industry. The Selig Polyscope Company established the first permanent film studio in this year as well.
This indexed map illustrates the local economy by detailing all merchants, businesses, and civic buildings detailing just how prosperous the city had become. These bird's eye perspectives were created for residents and merchants alike to display their civic pride, and the distinctive aesthetic immediately transports the viewer back in time
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.