- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1909 Map of Los Angeles California. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1909 Map of Los Angeles California. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 16x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published in 1909, this detailed and aesthetically striking bird's eye perspective of Los Angeles was illustrated by noted lithographer Worthington Gates. These maps were produced for residents and merchants alike to display their civic pride, and Angelinos had a great deal to be proud of in this era. This was a time of considerable industrial growth and population expansion. Oil derricks were pumping, and the cities' ports, railroads, banks, and factories were some of the busiest in the nation.
While much of the area surrounding Los Angeles was still farmland, the central business district had been established, and the city was thriving economically. With the completion of the San Pedro breakwaters the following year, Los Angeles incorporated San Pedro and neighboring Wilmington in 1909.
This time of industrialization and development established what would become recognizable as modern-day Los Angeles. The first cinematic production to come out of Los Angeles, The Count of Monte Cristo, is completed in 1909. The film industry and the celebrities associated with it have created some of the most iconic images of Los Angeles.
A truly American city. Los Angeles holds an important place in the history of the United States, and the rich history and culture of the city endure today. Presented in stunning detailwith illustration transports the viewer back in time. This depiction shows Los Angeles in a time where it's identity was being solidified, and residents and industries were starting to shape the city into what it was destined to become.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.