- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1910 Provincetown MA Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1910 Provincetown Cape Cod Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Etched into American history, Provincetown, Massachusetts, is the first landing site of the Pilgrims and where the original Mayflower compact was drafted. The safety of the natural harbor allowed their landing after two days of attempts at sailing further south were halted due to intense storms and surging seas. This historic moment was dedicated with the construction of the Pilgrim Tower, which was completed in the same year as the publication of this bird’s eye perspective. President Theodore Roosevelt laid the cornerstone for the monument in 1908.
These maps were produced to allow merchants and residents to display their civic pride, and the tower stands proudly in the center. This depiction shows the importance of the harbor by presenting it in the foreground in an uncommon east to west perspective, making this an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Provincetown’s deep harbor with protection from open Atlantic ocean swells was considered the best on the Eastern seaboard and allowed the local economy to thrive with a robust commercial fishing community fostered by the arrival of Portuguese sailors from the Azores. Following the American Revolution, the city became a vital part of the whaling industry, and that heritage is still celebrated today. By the early 20th century, the local culture had become a diverse mix of artists, writers, and commercial fishermen. At the extreme tip of Cape Cod, Provincetown also became a popular destination for summer tourists. The first ferry between Boston and Provincetown, the Dorothy Bradford, was established in 1910 and allowed tourists more comfortable access.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.