- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1913 Nicaragua Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1913 Mapa de Nicaragua Art Print. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published in the year prior to the Bryan-Chammoro Treaty, this unique map of the Republic of Nicaragua depicts the nation in a period of significant transformation, growth, and political evolution. The Treaty gave the United States control of the proposed Nicaragua Canal following the ousting of the Secretary of War, General Luis Mana. This publication’s distinctive style and unique aesthetic immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating a bond between the past and present.
Nicaragua is home to the largest two lakes in Central America, Lake Managua, and the eponymous Lake Nicaragua. The early portion of the twentieth century found the region developing agricultural economies with vast exports of fruits and vegetables to the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The region had long been a focal point for European nations as well as the United States to create an alternative route linking the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. However, the Panama Canal would ultimately remain the predominant trade route through Central America.
Columbus became the first European to set foot in the region on his fourth voyage to the Americas in 1502. Nicaragua gained independence from Spanish control in 1821 and has a rich cultural tradition that mixes indigenous and Spanish influences in a blend of folklore, cuisine, music, and literature. Nicaragua has come to be known as the “Land of Lakes and Volcanoes” and is known for its biological diversity, which increased eco-tourism throughout the nation. This is an authentic piece of Central American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.