- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1914 Fauquier County Virginia Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1914 Fauquier County Virginia Map Print. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
As part of the Washington DC metropolitan area, Fauquier County has a rich history and culture. Fauquier County was established in 1759 and was named for the Lieutenant Governor at the time. Produced by the Fauquier Board of Trade, this map bears unique details that provide a glimpse into the past, including agricultural statistics, climatological data, population numbers, and farm production.
Located in the Northeastern portion of Virginia, the region has been a popular destination for DC residents looking to enjoy time in the pastoral beauty out of the nation’s capital. By the early portion of the twentieth century, Fauquier County maintained a predominantly agricultural economy composed primarily of small, individual farms that produced goods for regional export. These maps were produced to document, highlight, and promote the towns and cities throughout the County while providing residents with essential information. This depiction also features magisterial districts, schools, and churches.
The Board was based in the county seat Warrenton, which remains a popular destination for wineries and equine activities. Warrenton was the scene of several clashes between Union and Confederate troops during the American Civil War. This productions immense attention to detail, statistical information, and distinctive aesthetic make this an authentic piece of cartographical history. Trade maps bear a distinguished style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present and giving the viewer a window to the region’s history, development, and evolution. The region continues to be one of the most rapid developments in the state.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift.