- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1916 Palestine Map in the Time of Christ. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1916 Bible Map of Palestine Art Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This map depicts Palestine under Roman control during the rule of King Herod; this unique depiction of the region shows it during one of the most historically significant periods for religious development, establishment, and transformation. This map was produced by one of the largest publishing houses in London, which had been founded by George Philip in the 1840s. Palestine’s location between Syria and Egypt, which were two of Rome’s most valuable assets during this time, gave it considerable importance. While Rome had legions in both countries, it did not have such forces in Palestine and relied on loyalty by Herod to control the region.
Herod died shortly after Jesus’ birth, and the Kingdom was divided into five distinct parts and ruled by two of Herod’s sons. These areas were largely divided between Jewish and Gentile settlements, and the Roman government made no effort to call for conversion to Greco-Roman traditions or ideologies. Before the Jewish Revolt of 66-74, Rome had no permanent colonies in Palestine. The region sustained small farmsteads, and the communities were self-sustaining with little communication or trade between Palestinian Jews and Gentile farmers. However, Galilee was one of the more prosperous areas due to its geography, which was highly conducive to cultivating goats as livestock.
This map bears a unique aesthetic and historical quality that immediately transports the viewer back in time. By 1916 Palestine was ruled by joint British and French forces following the conclusion of World War I, and this is an authentic piece of Middle East cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.