- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1920 Boston Harbor Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1920 Boston Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This birds-eye perspective of the iconic Boston Harbor in 1920 depicts the region in a period of significant growth in population as well as economic prosperity. The harbor allowed for a thriving import and export industry as well as manufacturing, milling, and metalworking attracted immigrants to the city from Western Europe, Ireland, Germany, and the American South. Boston’s prominence in American History is undeniable. This map’s unique style and distinctive aesthetic immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Birdseye perspectives were waning in popularity by the 1920s, which makes this particular production historically significant. The unmistakable style of these illustrations had been among the most popular from the middle of the nineteenth century until the accessibility of aerial photography made them a relic of the past. This publication depicts the steamboat shipping lanes throughout the natural harbor and extends to the northern tip of Cape Cod at Provincetown, the landing site of the original pilgrims.
Published by the Union News Company, this map would serve as a form of marketing for the city and was sold in train stations to entice residents and merchants alike. Founded in 1890, the company would remain a prominent published in Boston for nearly eight decades. The early portion of the twentieth century found Boston in a period of transformation as modern amenities became the norm. Fenway Park was opened only eight years earlier, and Logan International airport would be completed in 1924.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.